Property management is a relationship, not a transactional business. We work to build a partnership with the Board and all owners. We view property management as an alliance, where we are all on the same team, working to achieve shared goals.
Communication is the cornerstone of every relationship. Our team understands that the services we provide are for individual’s homes and we recognize the importance and impact our management has on their daily lives. We take the time and care to ensure peace of mind for not only the Board Members but also for all unit owners.
Our level of service, with an emphasis on hospitality in property management, is what separates Charlesgate from other firms, large or small. We offer the custom hospitality, service, and direct principal involvement of a boutique, highly local firm with the capacity to take on any level of project with a personalized touch. Our services include:
- Collect and deposit monthly common area charges as well as any other assessments into the Association’s account
- Set-up Association bank accounts: operating and reserve accounts. Reconcile all accounts monthly
- Pay all Association invoices relating to common areas and monitor utility bills to ensure efficiency
- Prepare monthly financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, budget to actual statement, check register, and owner delinquency report
- Prepare and present an annual operating budget to the Board
- Maintain all financial records of the Association
General & Administrative Services
- Make preparations and attend Board Meetings and the Annual Owner’s Meeting
- Consult and advise the Board on the management of the property and the Association
- Maintain Association documents: annual meeting minutes, budgets, and legal documents
- Ensure the Association’s master policy insurance is up to date and at market rate
- Strict vendor review process
We utilize our cloud-based property management software (available to unit owners, Board Members, and Charlesgate staff 24/7) to stay in contact with unit owners in the event of repairs, emergencies, and for sending occasional newsletters.
Unit owners can access Association information online not only to make their monthly payments but also to make requests or communicate in online discussion boards, which allows for more unit owner dialogue and involvement in maintaining and bettering the Association.