Boston luxury sales show no signs of slow down.
In terms of Sales Volume, 2018 was the Boston Market’s strongest year ever in the luxury end of the market, with 1341 single families and condos priced over $1M trading for a total of nearly $2.7B in sales volume.
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be diving into more details of the Boston luxury market to ask a few key questions:
- Are we at the peak?
- If not, how high can prices go from here?
- Which neighborhoods have the most potential for luxury growth?
The most expensive properties sold in Boston since 2014.
In the meantime, here’s a sample. Click the map below to access an interactive map of the most expensive sales in Boston since 2014 (single families and condo sales over $2M).
Here are a few fun facts:
- 1622 properties sold for over $2M in Boston in the past 5 years (more than double 753 sold in the 5 years prior).
- Total value of properties sold for over $2M in the past 5 years: $10,269,401,768
- Neighborhood with the most $2M+ sales in the past 5 years: Back Bay (519)
- Average sale price per square foot for $2M+ sales in 2018: $1584 (compared to $1313 in 2014)
- Average number of bedrooms in the $2M+ homes sold: 2.6 bedrooms
- Largest home sold: 12,333 sf (also most expensive home ever sold in Boston for a cool $35M…)