Our monthly market stats report was just finished showing comparisons to a variety of Boston real estate market stats in condo, single family, and multifamily markets. We also broke down each neighborhood to show the changes in the market. Here are 9 “fast facts” that we learned from the report:
- Are you looking to sell your house? The reason I ask is because average sale prices increased 1.8% year over year (November 2017: $907K vs November 2016: $891K).
- Condos are selling faster than same period last year, average days on the market during this month was 41 vs 42 days during November in 2016.
- Inventory remains low (752) as well as absorption (1.9months).
- Sales Closed only 0.6% over its listing price
- There was a 24% increase on the number of sales compared to November of 2016.
- Highest Average Sold Prices per Bedroom in November were in Midtown, Financial District, and Seaport District.
- Lowest Average Sold Prices per Bedroom in November were in were Mattapan, Hyde Park and West Roxbury.
- Highest Average Rent Prices per Bedroom in November were in Midtown, Financial District and North End.
- Lowest Average Rent Prices per Bedroom in November were in Mattapan, Hyde Park and West Roxbury.
Download the full market report featuring neighborhood level details HERE.