The monthly market stats were just released reflecting the state of the Boston real estate market as we head into cooler months. Inventory remains low as prices saw an increase of over 2%. Download our full market report HERE.
In such a competitive market, many buyers are finding success in our off market properties. These listings are not on the open market but compiled from our extensive seller market. Check out our current off market opportunities.
October 2017 Fast Facts:
- Average sale prices increased 2.4% year over year (October 2017: $940K VS October 2016: $938K)
- Condos are selling faster than same period last year, average days on the market during this month was 37 vs 44 during October in 2016.
- Inventory remains low (796) as well as absorption (2.5 months)
- Sales Closed only.4% over its listing price.
- There was a 2% increase on the number of sales compared to October of 2016
- Highest Average Sold Prices per Bedroom in October were in Seaport District, Beacon Hill and Financial District.
- Lowest Average Sold Prices per Bedroom in October were in were Hyde Park, West Roxbury and Roslindale.
- Highest Average Rent Prices per Bedroom in October were in Midtown, Financial District and Back Bay.
- Lowest Average Rent Prices per Bedroom in October were in Roslindale, West Roxbury and Dorchester.
Want more information about your specific neighborhood? Reach out to us for comprehensive stats.