Each quarter, we look at some “fast facts” and various aspects of market statistics. For the 3rd quarter of 2017, here is a look at some info for Metro Boston, the Luxury market, and the City of Boston in its entirety. Download the comprehensive report here.
Metro Boston Fast Facts
- Average sale prices increased by 1.4% year over year (3Q2017: $770K VS 3Q2016: $759K)
- Condos are selling faster than same period last year, average days on the market during this quarter was 33 vs 38 during 3rd quarter in 2016.
- Inventory remains low (936) as well as absorption(1.3 months)
- Sales Closed 2.1% over its listing price.
Boston Luxury Market (Top 10% of the market)
- Average sale price for this market decreased by 11% (3Q2017: $2,731,649 Vs 3Q2016: $3,080,435)
- On average, condos in this market sold 2.4% below the listing price.
- Total volume of this market was $347 million.
- Number of sales decreased by 4% year over year (3Q2017: 127 Vs 3Q2016: 132)
City of Boston
- Average sale prices decreased by 5% year over year (3Q2017: $81K Vs 3Q2016: $861K)
- Condos sold 12% faster than same quarter last year (3Q2017: 37 DOM Vs 3Q2016: 42 DOM)
- Number of sales decreased by 1% year over year (3Q2017: 1300 Vs 3Q2016: 1289)
- Condos in this area sold 1.2% above its listing price
- Most expensive neighborhoods to buy a condo this quarter were Midtown, Beacon Hill and Back Bay
- Most affordable neighborhoods to buy a condo this quarter were Mattapan, Hyde Park and West Roxbury