Our team recently released the newest Boston real estate market stats report for August 2017. You can view the full report with additional data but here are some “fast facts” about the current state of the market:
- Average sale prices decrease by 7% year over year (August 2017: $791K VS August 2016: $854K)
- Condos are selling faster than same period last year, average days on the market during this month was 37 vs 40 during August in 2016.
- Inventory remains low (670) as well as absorption(1.4 months)
- Sales Closed 0.9% over its listing price.
- There was a 6% increase on the number of sales compared to August of 2016
- Most expensive neighborhoods to buy a condo in August were Midtown, Seaport District and Back Bay.
- Most affordable neighborhoods to buy a condo this quarter were Mattapan, Hyde Park and Roslindale.
- Most expensive neighborhoods to rent an apartment in August were Midtown, Seaport District and Financial District.
- Most affordable neighborhoods to rent an apartment in August were Mattapan, Hyde Park and Mattapan.
Want to find out more? Contact us for specific info about your neighborhood