The most recent market stats were just released and showed interesting trends throughout many Boston neighborhoods. (You can download the entire neighborhood-level market report here.) Looking at Brookline specifically, December 2016 saw a dramatic increase in median sales price for both the single family and condo markets.
Single Family Market
- The median sales price increased to $1,280,000 – up over 28% from the year prior.
- Days on market dropped significantly as well to only 23 days on average.
- Inventory also saw a decrease to only 20 single family homes on the market, a drop of 31% from the year prior.
- Median sale price increased as well, although not as dramatically, by 10.2%
- Inventory levels also decreased with only .6 months of inventory on the market
- Days on market remained about the same, about a month until under agreement.